Friday, October 15, 2010

Growing Up




    Since I started drinking many years ago, I have always loved cheap/shitty beer. Natty Light, PBR, Miller High Life... you name it: the lighter, more tasteless the better. Maybe I acquired a taste for it? Maybe I don't really like real beer? Maybe it stems from 4 years on top of the mountain where drinking is such an integral part of life that not much else can be stomached in such quantities let alone afforded.


Whatever the reason, here I am. 


    The main reason for this education is the fact that I now work as a bartender. Of course I know all the keywords/descriptions/blah blah blah to sell beers to customers, but something just doesn't seem right being a bartender who doesn't have good taste in beer. I want to be a beer expert with the most beer knowledge of anyone that walks into my bar.


    The second reason is the Big to my Rob, the co-founder of 30-minute-between-class-pitchers at Shenans, a member of the Mi Casa happy hour club, and queen of all things chat roulette. She's been trying to initiate this for years. So Meredith-- This blog is for you!





And I'm ready to grow up. Gone are the days of Natty Light and PBR. Gone are the days of bullshitting my way through a beer description.


Let the journey to Beervana begin....





1 comment: