Friday, November 5, 2010

OCTOBER 12

The last bartender was cool and everything, but I really missed Ivey.. AND the larger draught selection at my other Taco Mac so I decided to visit there today.

Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale
Flavored PumpkinAle; 5.7%
Origin: Colorado, USA

As she handed this to me, Ivey said "Now I know you hate Blue Moon... but you HAVE to try this." I fought with her for a few minutes and then finally took a sip. WHOA. This beer is by far the best pumpkin beer I have ever put to my lips. It didn't just taste like pumpkin, it straight up tasted like Halloween. The different spices I was tasting mixed with the smell really took me back to Halloween as a kid and all the memories and smells from that time of year. I tasted clove, nutmeg, and so many others that I just couldn't describe. Great job... this beer successfully captures Fall and everything about it in a glass. AWESOME. I will definitely been enjoying it next year.





 Laughing Skull
Amber Ale; 5.4%
Origin: Atlanta Brewing Company, Atlanta

I liked this beer. It wasn't very bitter at all, which made me love it even more. It tasted spicy, earthy, a little bit hoppy, and finished very cleanly... no crazy bitter aftertaste. It tastes toasty too, which I am learning is one of my favorite tastes in a beer. Very good, awesome draught tap design, and I would definitely drink it again.




Rogue Double Chocolate Stout
American Double/ Imperial Stout; 8%
Origin: Oregon, USA

WOOF. Dark chocolate, dark chocolate, dark chocolate. That is exactly what I got from this beer. It literally was like drinking melted dark chocolate that had been chilled. It has a roasted flavor on top of the chocolate and it finished with a hoppy bitterness. It is definitely a great dessert beer if you're into that kind of thing. I thought it was good, but I don't think I could drink it again unless I was in the mood for chocolate. Chocolate stouts are good... just not my favorites. Overall very interesting beer experience. Accomplishes just what it's name implies.

No comments:

Post a Comment